“As a locum GP with a complex work portfolio finding the right accountant was crucial. Honey Barrett came highly recommended and I have been with them since I qualified. I can honestly say I have the utmost trust in their ability to handle my accounts. No detail is overlooked, they are timely, conscientious and thorough, and I genuinely feel they are on side in terms of best representing my circumstances. I would recommend them to other professionals without hesitation. My particular thanks to Liz Densley for all your hard work care and attention with my accounts.”
Dr Catherine Culley
Sessional GPs and Locum Doctors are generally self employed and as such need to comply with the same financial disciplines as any other person running a business.
Honey Barrett can offer a fix fee service from our specialist team with a prompt turnaround. Our service includes:
- Assistance in setting up your self employed ‘business’.
- Advice on what records to keep and allowable expenses.
- Assistance in organising your records – click here for a 2018 Locum Doctor Accounts checklist
- Preparation of annual accounts, tax returns and tax calculation in advance.
- On-going telephone support.
- Checking that your superannuation contributions are based on the correct tier rate.
- Checking that you do not overpay national insurance contributions.
- Help and advice should you be picked for investigation by HMRC, with insurance cover available to meet professional fees.
- Advice on trading structure.
For locums trading through or considering a Limited Company we can offer competitive fixed fees – contact us now.
Additional services available:
- Practice accounts and partnership deed reviews for prospective partnerships.
- Help with claiming relief on training costs and exam fees for newly qualified GPs.
- Tax minimisation within the rules.
The team at Honey Barrett who can help you are:
Why not visit the resources page and look at our booklet Managing Money for GP Locums – a Locum’s guide to finance.